Other than the print, the thing I loved most about the Fragrant Valley dress from Anthropologie was its back detail. Specifically, the dramatic deep v and the fabric ties. But from where I stood, this also created a minor limitation.
I tend to only buy something if it has the potential to be seasonless. And I immediately worried that the deep v back neckline and the ties would appear bulky after layering a cardigan or jacket over top. That gave me the idea to try wearing it backwards. And it sort of works, but maybe you can give me some feedback.
The great thing about the ties is that they give the backwards worn dress a sailor look. Here it is with a cardigan:
It is clear in my size 10 that the dress was cut to accommodate a bustline. This is a good thing because I need that accommodation. But, when I move it to the back, the darted bust has nothing filling it (and so the fabric ripples a bit). Does it look too silly or obvious?
Even if it does, I don't think it is a big deal since I will mostly wear it backwards when I want to layer over top. I also will not likely wear these particular patterned tights with it. But they were part of my OOTD so I left them on for ease of going back out in a bit.

0 Comments