So my brother came in one night and announced that he ordered us tickets to see Star Wars: The Force Awakens, because of course he did.
I mean, I guess I can’t blame him (too much) for it. Pre-order culture has been a big part of the gaming world for ages -- for good or ill, and mostly ill at this stage -- but there are just some instances where it’s unavoidable. Call it a hunch, but I suspect that The Force Awakens will qualify as a global event powerful enough to temporarily stop all the wars and debates in the world, not just some movie to see on a whim one weekend. If you exist, you’re probably going to see it -- because even if you aren’t interested, friends and family probably are. Or their friends and family are, or their friends and family are. It’s an unavoidable chain, a sphere of influence half-built on peer pressure that demands you go see lightsabers and X-Wings and droids that can’t possibly have any practical use.
Well. Aren’t I just laying all the cards on the table?


0 Comments